STATEMENT OF FAITH 信仰宣告
We believe and teach the truths of the historical fundamental Christian faith. Among these are:
- The Bible is the inerrant written Word of God, the complete revelation to mankind and absolute authority for the life of Christians and ministry of the Church.
- There is one God, Who is infinitely holy and perfect, creator of the universe, existing co-equally and co-eternally in the Persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully divine and fully human. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life, earthly miracles, substitutionary death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension into Heaven, and literal second coming.
- The Holy Spirit is the Divine Person sent to indwell, guide, empower, and sanctify the believer, to inspire the Holy Scripture, and thus bear witness of and glorify our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Man was created in God’s own image. By his free choice man sins against God and has no capability of saving himself from eternal separation from God without His grace and salvation.
- The Church is the body of Christ, who is head of the church. The church consists of all those who have repented of their sins, received Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit.
- The local church is a fellowship of born again believers who meet together to worship God, observe the ordinances, preach the gospel, and edify one another. It is God’s divinely appointed organization for the purpose of honoring Him, bringing the gospel message to a lost world, and making disciples of all nations.
- There are two ordinances observed by local church: believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These ordinances are testimonials and not saving graces.
- There will be a resurrection of both the saved and the lost at the end, the former to everlasting life in Heaven, the latter to everlasting punishment in Hell.
STATEMENT OF STANDS 立场宣告
In this current world of post-modernism, amoralism, secularism and pluralism, we hold the following stands regarding church, theology, and society based on biblical teaching:
- We hold that the 66 books of the Bible is God’s complete revelation. There is no revelation outside the Bible. Today there are no apostles and prophets (foretelling and revelational). We are against emphasizing signs, wonders and tongues.
- On the issue of churches world-wide and especially churches in Mainland China, we believe that churches should hold fast biblical truth, make Christ the only head, and separate church and state. In Mainland China, such churches are called House Churches. We are willing to have personal contact with brothers and sisters who love the Lord and are part of Three-Self churches.
- We disagree with the so-called prosperity theology which teaches that as a Christian believing in God, the person will for sure be blessed with worldly benefits including wealth, social status, prosperity and health.
- We are against the New Age Movement which includes Mysticism, Occult, Psychic, Feng-shui, Astrology, Fortune-telling, unbiblical Transcendental Meditation, etc. Such movement is bringing much damage to God’s church.
- We emphasize both God’s sovereignty and man’s free will and responsibility. The biblical teaching on this issue is complete and balanced. God prepared salvation freely to everyone in the world because of his love. As human we must receive and believe in order to be saved and born again. Those who resist God’s grace will not receive salvation. God’s election is based on his foreknowledge.
- Christians’ primary goal is to spread the gospel and save the lost souls. We are also to witness God’s love and justice in the society. Christians should help the poor and weak. We protect the health and wellbeing of family. We are against all kinds of sexual immorality including extramarital affair, premarital sex, homosexuality, polygamy, etc. We protect the sanctity of human life and are against abortion. We are concerned with damage to individual, family and social health and spiritual wellbeing caused by tobacco, alcohol, drugs, gambling, and pornography.
- We believe and look forward to the Lord’s second coming. We believe the great tribulation at the end days, the Lord’s millennial reign, and the new heaven and new earth.
MEMBERSHIP COVENANT 会员公约
Having received Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body of Christ.
We engage there, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love: to strive for the advancement of His church, in truth, holiness and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines; to give it a sacred pre-eminence over all institutions of human origin; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel throughout all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and personal study and devotions; to educate our children in the faith; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings; faithful in our engagements and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, gossip, and excessive anger; to be zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Lord and Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offence, but always ready for reconciliation；and mindful of the rule of our Lord to secure it without delay.
We, moreover, engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
LEADERSHIP COVENANT 领袖公约
As leaders (Ministers and Deacons) of the Lord Jesus Christ’s church, we promise in front of God and men, that by God’s grace, we will honestly do our best to achieve:
- Be faithful to the Lord, deny myself and carry the cross, in everything honor and glorify the Lord most high.
- Be faithful to God’s complete word, the Bible. Have daily devotional life by scripture reading and prayer to get closer to God. And live out the teaching of biblical truth.
- Be faithful to the church, God’s family and the body of Christ. Be committed to the gatherings of our church and humbly serve, be a leader and role model of the members of the church.
- Be faithful to my spouse, build up and manage my family by God’s love and truth.
- Keep myself from pornography, alcohol, drug, gambling, tobacco and other temptations, set apart to be holy, live an exemplary Christian life inside and outside the church.
- Be faithful in tithing, be a good steward of God in attitude and use of money. 在十一奉献上忠心，在对金钱的态度和使用上作神托付的好管家。
- Live out God’s love and fruit of the Holy Spirit. Care for the lost souls, lead people to become disciples of Christ, be a model in evangelism for the members of the church.
MARRIAGE POLICY 婚姻政策
We consider that wedding services are worship services before God, conducted in His honor according to His Word. We seek to please Him in these services, both for the joy of worshipping Him in celebration, and in order to be able to ask Him to bless the marriage.
Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, VBCCR will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the ministers and staff of VBCCR shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of VBCCR shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.